what is a metaphor and a simile

A metaphor is talking about one thing then relating it to another. For example. The Children’s laughter reminded me of the kookaburras laughing in a tree. Or. The rain on the roof was like marbles being tipped on a concrete.

And a simile is like comparing one thing to another. like. My mum was as busy as a bee. This crate is as heavy as a truck. My brother is as brave as a lion.

If you have got any questions leave a comment.

One thought on “what is a metaphor and a simile

1. Hi Macka, I know you have been unwell and missed a bit of school so I’m just reminding you about a few things. You need to read the 5/6 blog page for Big Idea this term and find out what you need to do. The first thing is to set up a ‘my story, our story,’ page on your blog and publish your family story here. That way other’s can share your story and comment. Then there is a bit of wrok related to the Immigration Museum excursion that needs completing.
    I am really impressed by all the other updates you have here. It looks like you have been trying to make blogging a regular part of your homework. Well done!